Saturday 26 January 2019

New Year, New Thoughts

Happy New Year everyone

From this January I’m hopefully going to bring you more content on the delights of social eating and entertaining, as well as insights into wellness and perhaps some guest reads as well.

January started for me, like many people, in the sad exercise of taking down the seasons decorations.  The only remnant being the golden glass Christmas tree whose home is pride of place on our bookshelves, silently celebrating the holiday all year round.

It’s not the only ode to the changing years, there is also a glass monkey, cockerel and a dragon who nod to the celebratory Chinese new year and always makes me smile.

January also brought different foods, a break from the rich Christmas and New Year provisions, thick vegetable casseroles (with Turmeric and root vegetables) are this year’s tour de force so far (recipe to follow naturally) and, taking on a tradition from my Welsh relatives, so far added to with fresh ingredients from our winter allotment.  Soon to be added to for a third time with winter greens.

I normally cook for more people than I need to and, especially in colder weather and as an excuse to check in on less mobile neighbours, I take a bowl or three to simply say hi and have a chat.  I’ve found it’s always a great idea to knock on the door and offer new year wishes simply to keep in touch.

I hope January is good to all of you and 2019 be an exciting adventure for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year, New Thoughts

Happy New Year everyone From this January I’m hopefully going to bring you more content on the delights of social eating and entertaining, ...